In case you haven't noticed... It's 2011. Woah. Where did all the time go? As a child born in the early 1990's, I remember some of the awesome things we had and some of the more... hideous (for lack of a better word) trends of the 90's, and that includes the fanny pack your father wore to Disney World. Oh yeah, we remember, Dad!
As a tribute to the late, great 1990's, I've compiled a list of items/trends that were big hits in the 90's. Some are target more toward those who grew up in the 90's. If you can remember any of them, you're awesome.
- Myspace had yet to be invented. If you wanted to know something about somebody, you asked them.
- PS2, XBOX, and the idea of text messaging had yet to be conceived as well.
- You rented VHS. And that was considered high tech.
- We still played tag, kickball, and dodge ball until the porch light came on.
- Hide-and-Go-Seek was best at dusk.
- Red Light, Green Light, Heads Up 7 Up, and Sparkle were great games to play on a rainy day.
- Hopskotch was for girls with cooties. Jump ropes were girly, too.
- Red Rover and Four Square. 'Nuff said.
- Tree Houses (Remember when you used to hide all of your "bad stuff" up there? Yeah, Mom totally knew about it.)
- Hula Hoops.
- Nano Pets and Furbies. In retrospect, those things were creepy.
- Hey Arnold, Rugrats, and Doug were the perfect Saturday morning and after-school cartoons.
- The ORIGINAL PowerRangers. So cool.
- You gave your undivided attention to Rocko's Modern Life and CatDog for hours upon hours.
- Kenan and Kel. The bomb-diggity.
- The Back Street Boys. *Swoon.*
- 'N Sync was a close runner up.
- Britney Spears was America's sweetheart. Oops, she won't be doing that again.
And the rest:
- Getting to sit in the front seat of the car was a privilege.
- "Eat your nuggets first. Then you can have the Barbie." Or Hotwheels.
- Running through sprinklers on a hot summer day.
- Decisions were made by an "eeny-meenie-miney-moe" fashion.
- Playing Nintendo was the hardest thing... EVER.
- Wearing your new shoes on the first day of school.
- Kool-Aid was the next best thing to sliced bread. (Which you took the crust off of anyway.)
- Monday: "Can we have McDonald's for dinner?" Tuesday: "Can we have McDonald's for dinner?" Wednesday: "Can we have McDonald's for LUNCH??" Thursday: "C'mon, Mom... I haven't had McDonald's for like two whole days!" Friday: "McDonald's for dinner? Please? Please? Pretty pretty please?"
Lastly... Trends of the 1990's.
- Roller blades
- Furby, Gigapets, and Tomagatchi
- The Macarena!!
- Push pops
- Bleached hair. It was cool to be the "real slim shady."
- Overalls and fanny packs. Thank goodness those are gone... Dad, you really did look silly at Disney World. No lie.
- The Rachel haircut. Jennifer Aniston never looked so good.
- Polly Pocket Toys.
Hope you enjoyed! Read more at http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm499387.html?t=Discussion.